"This is the prettiest, most well-organized, useful and up to date guide to careers that I have ever seen." — Dick Bolles, author, What Color Is Your Parachute?
It's never too early for your teen or tween to start thinking about a career, and Careers
is the perfect way to do it. Inspiring and imaginative as well as practical, Careers
has charts and tables that help middle- and high-schoolers gauge interest about possible careers — it's like having a personal college and career advisor by their side whenever they need it!
Covering more than 400 jobs in fields that range from STEM to sports, arts to administration, finance to farming, Careers
is organized in an easy-to-navigate, clear structure that helps guide teen and tween readers. Check at-a-glance summary panels for chosen careers to learn about salary, working hours, training, and career paths. Cross-referenced job matrix tables offer another way to learn about all the options. Tweens and teens with no idea of what kind of job to look for can start with their favorite school subjects or hobbies and find relevant careers from there. It may not be time for your teen or tween to prepare a resume and find a job, but the advice in Careers
can help inspire them to start thinking about the future.
- Health and Medicine
- Sports, Leisure, and Tourism
- Arts, Crafts, and Design
- Performing Arts, Media, and Journalism
- Sales, Marketing, and Advertising
- Administration and Business Management
- Finance, Law, and Politics
- Information Technology and Computing
- Science and Research
- Animals, Farming, and the Environment
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Security and Emergency Services
- Social Service and Teaching